Tuesday 29 November 2011

I Choose Butter!


You know something is wrong with the world when the girl that chooses full cream milk, sugar or butter is gazed upon with a raised eyebrow.  If she is fit, it is then assumed that she doesn’t eat much and if she’s not, that “she’s let herself go.”

In my opinion, full cream milk, sugar, chocolate, full creamy butter….if you eat these pure and creamylicious products, then you get your curves in all the RIGHT places. So yes, thank you – I choose Butter!

Low-Fat Milk, Margarine, Sugar Sweeteners…these are the assumed choices of delicacy today. There is also the assumed truth that they are weight-saving choices.

Truth? I think the only truth is perspective. And in my perspective, when you go for the low-fat, low-cream, false sugar options you consume more of them and you’re rarely really satisfied with your gastronomic experience. So then what? You have more! But don’t worry, its low-fat and sugar free! …and it tastes like…well I’ll save my mouth for more indulgent things.

If what I’m consuming, isn’t giving me an orgasm, then I refuse to continue – I put it down.  

If when I take a bite or take a sip, I don’t want to rub it all over my body --  I put it down.

If two bites into it, I no longer have that tingling sensation of discovery and utter indulgence or satisfaction -- I put it down.

I refuse to consume anything less…and for that matter….anything more. So the question is, why do you? And where else do you transfer this process to in your life?

Do you have a closet full of bargains, but you have a hard time ever finding something that you really look and feel good in? Then you choose low-fat milk.

Do you have a ton of contacts on your cell phone but when you want to have a really good vent or share an exciting moment there isn’t a number to call? Then you choose sugar-free. 

Do you fall down in your bed with utter exhaustion every night, but you can’t really say what you did with your day? Then you choose margarine.

I choose butter! Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment