Sunday 27 November 2011

Interesting not Wrong

One of the things that I love about baking is the mess...and I've definitely developed the reputation of creating lots of them...I've in fact been kicked out of my own bakery by my staff because of the massive mounds of ditzy mistakes....and this, my friends, is the point of this morning's words.

Everywhere we go, everything we do, every experience requires a mess of sorts. It is only through the mistakes, failures, bumps that we learn and get to experience the fullness of what life is. Of course, we must learn from these messes and apply those lessons but as they occur roll with them instead of judging them and experience them as "Interesting" not "Wrong." My dear friend Robin Banks (www.robinbanks.co.za) always says that when something goes terribly wrong or just not the way you want or intend it to, throw your hands in the air and say "How fascinating?! Yes!"

So, this morning is an extremely interesting and fascinating start to the morning, week, month, holiday season....I lost my house keys, ran out of petrol, had sour milk in my coffee...so I celebrate the fact that I had a FAR more interesting morning than most people and laugh my way into the mounds of cookie dough in front of me as I continue to splash flour and butter all over my black top and smile with thanks for this beautiful blessing and experience of life.

I leave you this morning with the intention to make a beautiful mess today! To have a fascinating day full of surprises and intrigue. To place my head on my pillow this evening and know that I have lived. Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment